Mindset characteristics such as positive perception, determination and resilience play a big role in career performance and achievement.
1. Arrange for well-being workshops / physical activity within the workplace to support mental health.
Physical activity helps reduce stress, as well as improving self-esteem (Sports England)
2. Organise team events / challenges; assists in developing a strong workplace culture and bond; where your employees feel more engaged.
3. Encouraging a suitable work-life balance – relaxation time stops your employees not become a ‘busy fool’ and helps increase performance.
4. Help your employees with career goals and objectives within their job; making sure you empower them to decide these for themselves. Writing goals down / having these visual – increases your employees’ awareness of the goals.
5. Sharing your business plans and vision engages your employees – they feel included in the direction of your company’s future, as well as understanding how vital their role is to that contribution (encouraging stability).
6. Having a mentor (internal or external) to provide objective advice and inspiration through your employee’s career that is personal to the need of your employee.
7. Providing continuous training and resources to support your employee’s career development and encourages a growth mindset.
83% of sales professionals feel they require support in using social media for building business relationships (Correct Careers Coaching)
8. Rewarding (e.g. awards) and incentivising your employees (financial or non-financial) helps them feel valued. Benefits provided not just for your employees but for their families too; offers further investment for your employee’s lifestyle.
9. Maintain a common ground by spending time getting to know your employees on a personal level.
10. Have frequent reviews and ask your employees for their business feedback – shows your employees their opinion matters. And for any negatives; these can be resolved at an earlier stage to retain your employees for them to end up at the finish line with you!
Further detail on some of these areas above will be provided over the next few months.
To discuss employee retention solutions for your business further contact:
Jamie Martin (Founder & Managing Director) of Correct Careers Coaching.
Jamie@correctcareerscoaching.com and 07599 332178
LinkedIn: Correct Careers Coaching
Google: Correct Careers Coaching